Fire Retardant Cable Coating
The fire-retardant paint helps that fire does not spread in case of fire in a building. Therefore, it is one of the most efficient measures to prevent fire spreading rapidly, as it contributes flame and smoke not to spread. Fire-retardant paint is essential especially when it comes to residential buildings, since containing fire allows people inside the building to have more time to leave it.
It is important to differentiate fire retardant paint from intumescent paint. The first one avoids the spread of the flame, while the second one reacts when there is an increase in temperature in the building by swelling and creating a thick layer of foam that insulates the elements that cover it, containing the fire and preventing it from damaging the structure of the building.
The main characteristics of fire-retardant paint are as follows:
- It reduces flammability and combustion of building materials it coats.
- Fire-retardant paint does not prevent fires from occurring, but delays the expansion of fires.
- There are different types and, depending on each type, it can be applied on metal, wood, lacquered surfaces, etc.
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor surfaces.
- It can be applied with spray gun, brush or roller.